...because everyone needs help thinking correctly

Friday, June 23, 2006

I'm not writing this blog for myself!



I was so ready to stop blogging, as I have absolutely no desire or need for an online diary. And anyway, if I had a diary it would be much more convoluted and disgusting than random YouTube videos of Genesis songs and Alec Baldwin delivering the best performance of his career.

But I have some comments, and thanks to you, the reader(s), you will be rewarded with songs.

Golden Smog - "A Long Time Ago": Golden Smog is a supergroup of sorts (pictured above), with members of Wilco, the Jayhawks, Big Star and Soul Asylum performing and writing. This one has Jeff Tweedy singing.

M. Ward - "I Go Home": I'm pretty sure that Ward didn't write this one, but he certainly does it some justice. AMG seems to point into the direction of Daniel Johnston writing it. Johnston is a great songwriter, but I don't care much for his voice or performances. Hearing other people cover his music is excellent though, and I'm a big fan of Discovered Covered.

Sufjan Stevens - "Henney Buggy": The only really good song on an otherwise disappointing new album called The Avalanche which is really just b-sides from last year's Illinoise, so I guess he gets somewhat of a pass.

Keep the comments coming, and make requests, and I'll be happy to see what I can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home